Leaving a Legacy to St Marylebone
St Marylebone Parish Church has been changing lives for 900 years. Every day we work to build and shape our community in the heart of Central London. By leaving us a gift in your Will, you can help to preserve this iconic building and community hub. Sign up today and be a guardian of our future and a member of our 1817 Legacy Society.
By leaving us a gift in your Will, you can hep us to continue changing lives well into the future and leave a legacy of hope for generations to come.
The Revd Canon Dr Stephen Evans
Your legacy gift can make a real difference to three key areas of our future
- Heritage – Preserve our wonderful Grade 1 listed building
- Music – Support our world class weekly programme of music
- Community and Education – Help us to open the doors to local people even more widely
How to leave a legacy
- Speak to us – we are here to help you and happy to discuss with you how best to personalise your legacy gift to us, to ensure it is tailored to your exact wishes
- Make your Will – a professional adviser can share the benefits of making charitable donations in your Will.
- Fill out our legacy giving form – to let us know about your gift, so we can thank you in person.
- Attend our annual celebration - hosted by the Rector of St Marylebone, for members of the 1817 Society, thanking you for your support.
Our Legacy Ambassador Paul Orchard-Lisle CBE TD tells us why he left a legacy to the parish church
St Marylebone Parish Church is important to me for many reasons.
What our Rector, Stephen Evans, has done so fantastically well with the help of others is to make this parish church a living centre opposed to a place that is just used on a Sunday.
It has stepped in to be the community heart of Marylebone at a time when so many public services are closing. This has become a focus for the whole of the parish, and even people that don’t live nearby travel here to enjoy what if offers. It makes this place truly unique and interesting.
I am particularly proud of our Choral Music tradition, the St Marylebone Festival, and our association with the Royal Academy of Music, which has seen us develop into a place of education as well as a popular recital venue.
All of these qualities make it worth supporting. I have left a legacy and encourage others to consider doing so. It’s quite nice to think that as you move on, you have made a gift which can make a true difference to St Marylebone.