Holy Trinity, St Marylebone, was one of four chapels commissioned to be built in 1824 to ease the heavy population demands of what was soon to be one of the most populated parishes in England. It was built in 1825 and lay within the civil parish boundaries of St Marylebone.
Sir John Soane R.A. was the architect of this church, built in a Grecian architectural style. Having fallen into disuse by the 1930s it became a store in 1936 for Penguin Books. Penguin moved out in 1937 and the church was adapted as the headquarters of the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge [SPCK] where they remained until 2006.
In the 1950s the parish was united with the adjoining parish of St Marylebone. The church stands on a traffic island with Marylebone Road to the front and Albany Street and Osnaburgh Street to the sides.